Friday, April 1, 2011

HUD Homes Tips and Tricks

If you are like me before I make a purchase of $25 or more I do some research. I start with Craigslist and then Ebay. I look at online retailers. I do a appraisal of sorts to see what the item I am considering purchasing is worth. I look for coupons online in the effort to save a buck. I read reviews about products. It is the thrill of the case.

HUD homes or homes owned by the Secretary of HUD (Housing and Urban Developement) are homes that a inline with my shopping habits. No, there aren't coupons. No, they aren't on CL or Ebay but they can be bought at huge savings. How, you might ask, is a secret that only a select few know about. What kind on savings? That varies too, but for those of us who know the system we save our buyers and investors lots of money.

The beauty of HUD homes is that they come with a appraisal already completed. So if you are finacing the home you don't have to worry about an appraisal fee ($450). Or that the home value is inline with market.

Last year I sold a home in Keizer that was built in 2001 and is 2500+ square feet. It appraised for $250,000 originally and then dropped to $225,000. Yes, it needed some cosmetics but it became a great value for my buyers. They bought it for $189,000 and HUD paid 3% of that for closing costs to them. Wow, is right, but these are the deals I am referring to. Good Homes, Great Deals, Best Broker ever, Right? Well, it was not me as much as my knowledge for HUD.

Contact me and we can talk about getting a deal for you! There are 30 Hud homes in Marion County as I post this blog.

No comments: