Monday, May 23, 2011

What 13.1 Taught Me!



I did it! Keizer Iris Half Marathon to be exact! So what, you may say, lots of people have. True you are but it taught me something.






Around mile 9 my body hit "the wall". I was not out of breath but my legs were out of gas and they did not listen to me anymore. I told them to move faster but they didn't. I told them to pick up my stride but they didn't. People started passing me that I had passed in miles 5 and 6. While I was running I thought about how my body has limits. I am young and somewhat fit but my body does have limits.






The silver lining is that even when you realize that body or mind or life has limits -Limits can be broken. My legs slowed but my they kept moving and got me to the finish line. I didn't walk and I didn't stop.






My goal was to run it in 2 hours. Never running this distance before - 2 hours was a lofty goal but as I crossed the finish line at 2:00:37. I made it! Well, almost!






Push past your limits! Even if it you think you can't just keep moving and do it at your own pace. My shirts says it all "SPEED KILLS".

No comments: